Friday, February 6, 2009

Crazy Week....Sick...Periods...What Next?

Well this is our very first entry in the official "Mecomber Blog". We invite you to follow along on our family journey.

This week has been a crazy week!!!! Grant and I decided to scoot up to Illinois for the weekend by ourselves while Daddy and Rachael spent some time at Nana and Papa's. Brian was attending a concert (AC/DC) in Nashville that he had been dying to go see for quite some time (as you can imagine this is not my cup of tea...I'm a pop (Top 40) type of gal. Grant and I traveled for the first time by ourselves while Grammy and Poppy met us half way in Clarksville so that Grammy could help occupy Grant on the rest of the way up to Illinois. We saw the remnant's of the ice storm that passed through Paducah and Harrisburg. To make the long story short Grant and I got back on Monday and later discovered that he wasn't feeling well and was running a temperature of a 102.7. Rachael had also began to run a temperature and had not been feeling well since earlier that Saturday....so now I have two kids sick... sick... sick. I took Grant to his pediatrician the next day as the temperature would simply not break to find out that he must have contracted a virus bug somewhere. Grant has been the "boy in the bubble" this week until he gets to feeling better (he is getting better and eating much better now). Last night...Rachael phones me as I am at Walgreens getting her medicine....."Mom, I think I got my period!" As you can imagine....I am a little on edge as I have had two kids sick this week and then the news.....the P word.....P...E...R...I...O...D......so we are working with that right now. I cannot complain as I am very blessed to be a Mom.....not all women can say that and really wish they could be. When it rains it pours sometimes......but there is always a rainbow right around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, way to go! Your blog is great. Now we need some videos! Tell Grant and Rachael that Grammy and Poppy love them. Sending a surprise to them soon.
    Love
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!!He is getting so big.
    I am trying to create my profile so I can write back so I hope this makes it.
    Brit, you sound like Sonya on tape.

    The P word!!!!!!OMG how old is she? I can't believe she is old enough. I can remember when my mom found out when 'my special friend came to visit' she said, "aaah..your a woman now" ugg!
    I wish she were here so I could tell her how bad menopause is!!!!

    When are you coming for a visit?
    Love the pics and the raspberries.
    Love you all,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete